Background

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Yard Work

The Hubs has been hard at work out in our backyard lately and its really starting to pay off. 

When we moved in, most of our big green yard was actually moss. The moss was slowly choking out what grass remained, and it made for a soggy and lumpy mess when it rained.  Molly also had a temporary behavior lapse during the winter and dug several holes around the yard.  Perhaps she thought she was helping Steve aerate the lawn?

In the last few months he's filled the Molly holes, leveled uneven patches, killed and removed the moss, seeded the whole yard and laid down grass sod over that ugly parking patch that used to be in the back right corner.  The previous owners had parked an RV out there and the grade was sunk so low that after one particularly rainy weekend, we found two ducks swimming in the pond that had resulted.  What is this, the Johnson wild life preserve? I think not. Not with Steve on the case! I'm really proud of all the time and effort he's put in. It's looking great dear. 


 
Don't worry. I'm pulling my weight too.  I've been tasked with the flower garden and roses. I'll report back when I'm sure I haven't actually killed them.

Side note.... Spring in Seattle is kind of awesome because you occasionally get to experience magical backyard moments like this:








2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am totally impressed. We have been working on our yard too, but I often feel it is insurmountable. Way to go Johnsons!

    ReplyDelete